[rhelv6-list] NFS and iptables

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." o.h.weiergraeber at fz-juelich.de
Thu Mar 1 16:39:53 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am currently working through setting up NFS with RHEL 6, trying to arrange with iptables (and SElinux) which, admittedly, I used to disable in the past.
Am I right thinking that when using NFS4, the one and only thing to do is open port 2049 in iptables?
Redhat documentation is somwhat unclear with respect to port requirements: In all examples they recommend to fix and open several ports assigned by rpcbind, but nfs4 is said to not require rpcbind at all!

Best regards,
Oliver

  PD Dr. Oliver H. Weiergräber
  Institute of Complex Systems