[rhelv6-list] Changing login display manager

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:39:37 UTC 2012

You can select window managers in the "new" gdm. Its just not as obvious
how it works.

Type your "username" or click on it if disable_user_list is false and then
a "box" appears in the panel that goes along the bottom of the screen. This
box has a down arrow that lets you select which session type you want. It
defaults to GNOME.

For me all I get is a choice between GNOME or KDE. So I'm not sure how you
would add other window managers but the new login screen does allow you to
pick a session type. But not until after the loginID has been typed in or
selected.There is a box to the left that also lets you pick a language that
appears at the same time as the other "box."

Cheers,