[rhelv6-list] EPEL DNS Down or Moved?

Feldt, Andrew N. afeldt at ou.edu
Mon Mar 12 19:35:26 UTC 2012

On Mar 12, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 12 March 2012 12:50, Hearn, Stan J. <stan.hearn at nscorp.com> wrote:
>> Everyone else seeing that there is no longer a DNS entry for download.fedora.redhat.com?
>>
>> Has something changed?
>
> Hmmm whatever was referring to that is over a year out of date. The
> correct place for downloads has been dl.fedoraproject.org for epel and
> should have been updated in various download files since then. Can you
> let me know where you found that reference so we can fix it?
>
> Thanks.

Note that the old name is still in the FAQ on the Wiki page at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_can_I_install_the_packages_from_the_EPEL_software_repository.3F

Andy

Andy Feldt
Senior System Support Programmer
Affiliate Assistant Professor
Homer L. Dodge Department of Physics & Astronomy
The University of Oklahoma