[rhelv6-list] Proper way to add to RHEL6's GDM?

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri May 18 19:36:03 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

For the record, i'd like to say that I found a workaround...
I Added this file:
# cat /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

This effectively drops the simple gdm greeter and switches to the kdm
greeter which allows one to select a different X Session.. Problem solved.

So in order to allow choosing a different Xsession (namely
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/OpenWin ), I had to drop gdm and use kdm, thereby
introducing a dependency upon KDE (sigh).

I'm a little bit disappointed.. is there no other (GDM) way to do that?

Best regards,

Vincent