[rhelv6-list] Your opinion regarding NFS vs. iSCSI

Grzegorz Witkowski geslinux at gmail.com
Fri May 4 17:47:52 UTC 2012

Depends. What would be your NAS or SAN? RAID level? How many disks? Type of
disks? Version of NFS? Multipathing? And so on... However iSCSI may be a
better choice - faster for example. You could build a LB/HA cluster with
shared file system on iscsi LUN. It may be well scalable too if well
designed. Normally I would use NFS for file sharing, ISO storage, etc.
The best answer though would be: build in a lab both and test if you can.
Get baselines and compare.