[rhelv6-list] dhclient running TWICE during boot (RHEL 6.2)

thomas at redhat.com thomas at redhat.com
Tue May 8 15:38:00 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 12:50 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> I think I'm misunderstanding something about Red Hat support and
> Bugzilla.  How does one actually get bugs fixed?  It seems like they are
> ignored until the next beta is started, then you get a message for each
> one saying "sorry, this bug is still unresolved so it has been
> rejected".  Is this some new variant of Agile I'm not familiar with?  I
> never heard of a development process where you just reject all the open
> bugs you didn't have time to fix when you started beta... what a
> concept!  I think we should start doing that at my company too.  It
> would really improve our QA metrics, that's for sure.
>
> Am I just supposed to keep filing the bug again for each new release?
> This seems somewhat Sisyphean, even for open source.

There is a very important distinction between opening a support ticket
and opening a bugzilla ticket.

With support, there is an SLA. With support, our engineers will often
open a bugzilla. But there is no SLA for BZ.

Can you point me to an example of a bug that got closed as you describe?

--
Thomas Cameron, RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCX
Chief Architect, Canada and Central US