[rhelv6-list] Problems with XFS leaving 0-length files in RHEL 6.2 ... ?

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Fri Nov 9 23:12:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 16:24 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 10:27 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 05:53 +0000, Edmund White wrote:
> > > What are the names of these files? Can you see when these files are
> > > created? This may not be an XFS-specific issue.
>
> Hi all.  Back again with this problem.  For a while we were busy with
> other things and we didn't see this problem so much but now it's back
> with a vengeance and I need to work out the fix or a workaround.

I believe that I'm running into an issue resolved by this errata,
published just a couple of weeks ago:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2012-1401.html

I'm testing it now to be sure it really fixes the problem (I don't have
a perfect way to reproduce it so it's not so simple; the bug report is
private so I can't see the details).

FYI...