[rhelv6-list] csh question

Mark Workman workmam at kramergraphics.com
Mon Nov 12 14:47:20 UTC 2012

We received this info a software vendor (below). I can't find anything
about this patch on Redhat's web site. Does anyone know where I might
find this patch?
We are running RES6.3   2.6.32-262.el6.x86_64
csh --version returns tcsh-6.17.00   /bin/csh is linked to /bin/tcsh
Any tips or guidance is greatly appreciated.
Mark
This is a problem with /bin/csh.  I don't have much more detail than to
say that /bin/csh needs to be patched.  Another customer saw this and
also found that RedHat has a fix for it.

A more specific description of the issue is: It does not return the
correct exit status from commands run inside `backquotes`.