[rhelv6-list] csh question

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Mon Nov 12 15:11:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Mark Workman
<workmam at kramergraphics.com> wrote:
> We received this info a software vendor (below). I can’t find anything about
> this patch on Redhat’s web site. Does anyone know where I might find this
> patch?
>
> We are running RES6.3   2.6.32-262.el6.x86_64
>
> csh –-version returns tcsh-6.17.00   /bin/csh is linked to /bin/tcsh
>
> Any tips or guidance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mark

> This is a problem with /bin/csh.  I don't have much more detail than to say
> that /bin/csh needs to be patched.  Another customer saw this and also found
> that RedHat has a fix for it.
>

> A more specific description of the issue is: It does not return the correct
> exit status from commands run inside `backquotes`.

This appears to have been fixed in RHBA-2012:0687
(https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/errata/details/Details.do?eid=15602).

You probably need to update your 'tcsh' package to version 6.17-16 or later.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support