[rhelv6-list] java-1.6.0-sun

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Oct 17 19:38:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

Does anyone know if this package is no longer going to be updated?
Neither of the last two java updates (RHSA-2012:1384/1385 or
RHSA-2012:1221/1222) have released packages specifically for
java-1.6.0-sun.  Are people just expected to migrate to the
java-1.6.0-openjdk packages or java-1.7.0-oracle pacakges?  We had
people early on with our RHEL5/6 deployments have issues with the
openjdk packages and is why we standardized on the sun ones.  Do people
believe openjdk is a drop in replacement for the sun package now?

Thanks,
derek

--
---