[rhelv6-list] Partition disappeared?

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Sep 17 14:56:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Janne Blomqvist
<Janne.Blomqvist at aalto.fi> wrote:
> I'm saying that /dev/sda1 doesn't exist. (In fstab it's mounted by UUID as
> RHEL6 sets it up out-of-the-box, but it doesn't find the partition that way
> either).

Are there any references to the partition under the tree /dev/disk?

I'm curious here why the "Model" is listed as ...
  "HP LOGICAL VOLUME"

I'm curious if there is some sort of vendor driver/modification in the
initrd, or some other udev, dm-mpio or other filtering going on (also
possibly in the initrd).

--
Bryan J Smith - Professional, Technical Annoyance
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith