[rhelv6-list] How do I install glibc_2.14 on rhel6?

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 12:22:30 UTC 2012

Il 15/08/2012 14:40, Mirko Vukovic ha scritto:
>> > There are at least 2 options here
>> > - persuade the maintainer of the EPEL package to update it
> But the maintainer of EPEL sbcl would still need a new version of glibc, right?

No, it won't.  If that is the case, the build would fail, but it's unlikely.

It is possible that some functionality will get disabled in the EPEL
build, corresponding to whatever functionality of glibc 2.14 is used in
the Fedora build.  For example, some system call that is first exported
in glibc 2.14 may not be usable from Lisp programs.

Paolo