[rhelv6-list] RH EL 5.8 and multipath with Netapp

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Sep 26 13:17:56 UTC 2012

Am 26.09.2012 15:10, schrieb Gianluca Cecchi:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm going to configure multipath on a server (Dell M610) with RH EL
>> 5.8 (kernel 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5).
>> It will be connected to a Netapp storage array (FAS3240 with fw ONTAP 8.1P3).
> [snip]
>>
>> Anyone already configuring multipath on Netapp?
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Gianluca
>
> Actually I then found the "Host Utilities Installation and setup 6.0"
> guide from NetApp with reference to multipath config for rh el 5.6 and
> up. So my starting config will be this one:
>
>          device {
>                 vendor                  "NETAPP"
>                 product                 "LUN"
>                 getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
>                 prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_alua /dev/%n"
>                 features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
>                 hardware_handler        "1 alua"
>                 path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
>                 failback                immediate
>                 rr_weight               uniform
>                 rr_min_io               128
>                 path_checker            directio
>         }
> }
>
> It could be interesting to propose a different default, perhaps?
>
> Gianluca

I can tell you that ALUA works with NetApp on current RHEL 5 / 6.

But you should check the NetApp Compatibility Matrix before using a
specific setup. Else you may run in an unsupported mode or even into
problems. Out of my head I am not sure whether the Host Utilities 6.0
are valid for RHEL 5.

Regards

Alexander