[rhelv6-list] /dev/md0 mismatch_cnt not 0

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Thu Sep 27 00:25:34 UTC 2012

>From time to time I get this Cron Daemon warning message in root's mail
fussing about a local 2.2TB RAID5 array:

        WARNING: mismatch_cnt is not 0 on /dev/md0

Whenever this appears I run:

        # echo check > /sys/block/md0/md/sync_action

Followed about 24 hours later by:

        # cat /sys/block/md0/md/mismatch_cnt

This is usually 0, so I'm happy -- until the next time the warning
message appears.

Two questions:
1. How can I prevent this condition from reappearing?
2. Is there a faster way to fix it? Disk I/O really bogs down while
sync_action=check is running.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL