[rhelv6-list] Antwort: Re: Antwort: MD devices lost after boot

jean-yves at lenhof.eu.org jean-yves at lenhof.eu.org
Thu Sep 27 09:31:46 UTC 2012

Le 27/09/2012 11:11, Roth, Sandro a écrit :
> IMHO mdadm is much more sophisticated than lvm mirroring.
>
> In my case here, we have two storage subsystems, one in each data
> center.
> An LVM mirror needs to put a log somewhere, usually on a third disk,
> we just don't have that!
> And placing the log in memory makes you rebuild it after every
> reboot.

Not so true anymore...

If you create this mirror with "mirror" I agree with you.
But it seems there's a new option "raid1" available since 6.3

Look here :
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/raid_volumes.html

Is somebody used this in production ?

Regards,