[rhelv6-list] connection problem : work fine thru SSH tunnel, but not directly

Kinzel, David David.Kinzel at encana.com
Tue Apr 23 18:07:04 UTC 2013

>I experience connection problem between a client app to a remote app on
>this particular RHEL 6.4 server. ( The client  work fine with the remote
>app on *other* RHEL servers ). The connection is made just fine, but
>when I access the data, the client app quickly hangs up on me after
>spitting out some data. Turning off iptables does not help, although I
>should not try that because the connection can be made, and I could get
>some data.
>
>The connections to this server will work just fine if they are made thru
>local port forwarding via SSH.
>
>Initially I wanted to post onto the application forum, but because the
>connections work thru the SSH tunnel so I changed my mind and posted
>here. I may be wrong, as I often am. If so, I am sorry.
>
>Does anybody experience something similar ?

Bad and strange things like this can happen if you have your MTU misconfigured.

>Thanks,
>Vu

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the
intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.

http://www.encana.com