[rhelv6-list] Problem with vlan during kickstart and rhel 6.4 [SOLVED]

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:20:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:
> Hello,
> during a kickstart install of a 6.4 system, my boot line is something like
>
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz ks=http://x.y.w.z/ks.cfg vlanid=311
> ksdevice=my_mac ip=my_ip netmask=my_nm gateway=my_gw
>

> inside the downloaded ks there is a line such as
> network --bootproto=static --ip=my_ip --netmask=my_nm --gateway=mw_gw
> --device=eth0 --vlanid=311

If I remove the network line inside the kickstart file, all goes well
both during installation phase and after it with configuration files.
Probably my unnecessary network specification redundancy (in boot line
and kickstart file) doesn't make any effect for access lans but
creates these kinds of problems with vlans.

Gianluca