[rhelv6-list] trying to get ldap system authentication working via nslcd

Collins, Kevin [Contractor Acquisition Program] KCollins at chevron.com
Fri Aug 30 01:02:20 UTC 2013

What is the type of LDAP server being used? I am only familiar with using OpenLDAP via the mode supported from RFC2307 (basically NIS within LDAP). In my case, the object type of users is "posixAccount" and "account". As far as my experience, this is what RH is expecting.

What types of attributes belong to a objectClass of "user"? By default I think it is expecting an attribute of "userPassword" to contain the users password.

Kevin