[rhelv6-list] RHEL 6.4 udev just butchered my ethernet device names!

Thu Feb 21 18:38:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  I think RHEL 6 has been using these device names
for a while now.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2011/05/26/meaningful-names-for-network-devices-in-rhel-6-sp1-on-dell-systems.aspx

rpm -qi biosdevname shows the package coming from redhat

On another system, I have devices named em1 and em2 for example.
 Interestingly, this system also is missing a 70-persistent-net.rules file
in udev/rules.d!

I better tread carefully with reboots :)

PS. We are a academic customer and can't open cases for issues like this.
 Unless, it is happening on our satellite or proxy! :)

daryl

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago)