[rhelv6-list] RH lists munging From: header

Mon Feb 25 21:08:55 UTC 2013

Wait --

looking at that archive text file,

https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv6-list/2013-February.txt.gz

I see the email addresses of EVERY SINGLE poster in plain text
in the first line of each email entry:

>From mschwendt at gmail.com Mon Feb 25 15:36:38 2013

So if some bot would like to harvest email addresses, they don't need to
subscribe to this list and look for the small fraction of 'envelope-from'
email addresses, they can simply download this file and get them all!

So I really think we should stop discussing this now, and just
change these lists back so that we can see who is sending what,
without having to do the above ourselves ... ;)

Cheers,

	Horst