[rhelv6-list] winbind for logon when lost networking

Sat Feb 9 17:28:43 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 07, 2013 01:06:03 PM Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
discussion mailing-list wrote:
> Now SSSD in RHEL6 (and RHEL5.6+, 5.7+errata recommended) should be
> able to cache Winbindd mapped credentials as well, but it will vary
> based on your AD implementation.  If you can send me your sssd.conf
> off-line, I could possibly assist.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your in-depth answer.  The reference architecture doc looks
quite thorough, and I may re-do this some time in the future.

I don't have SSSD enabled, nor the possiblity at this time of implementing
RFC2307.

The 6.3 deploment guide mentions:

"SSSD works with LDAP identity providers (including OpenLDAP, Red Hat
Directory Server, and Microsoft Active Directory) and can use native LDAP
authentication or Kerberos authentication."

Do you have any notes or tips on caching SSD + Winbind?

Regards,
Eugene