[rhelv6-list] RH lists munging From: header

Thu Feb 21 16:35:00 UTC 2013

On 21/02/2013 11:26, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago) discussion
mailing-list wrote:
> On 02/21/2013 10:22 AM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago)
> discussion mailing-list wrote:
>> Has anybody else noticed that the Red Hat mailing lists get the From:
>> header munged to the list address? I believe this started around the
>> beginning of the year.
>>
>> This is highly annoying, as it completely removes the original sender's
>> address (unless they have it in the body), making off-list replies
>> impossible. I've never seen a list run this way; who thought this was a
>> good idea?
>>

> Yeah, I saw that, too. I've notified our IT folks, hopefully they'll
> get it squared away. Sorry about that. :-(
I had noticed this a while back and looked into it. If it helps them
track it down the behavior appears to have changed on Jan 7th 2013 for
this list and November 7, 2012 for rhelv5.