[rhelv6-list] RHEL 6.4 udev just butchered my ethernet device names!

Thu Feb 28 00:45:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Santiago)

> And while I know this is CentOS, not RHEL, it should act the same being
> built from the same sources;

it's been this way since the initial 6.3 release kernel
> (2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64).

As someone corrected me, while it is still not the default, as of 6.1, use
of the package "biosdevname" (which some, very select IHVs install and/or

But as far as I know, the default does not change for all systems until the
next released, based on upstream changes.

-- bjs