[rhelv6-list] ISO downloads hang...

Collins, Kevin [Contractor Acquisition Program] KCollins at chevron.com
Wed Jul 3 18:32:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,

            Is anyone else experiencing issues trying to download RHEL6 or RHEL5 ISO images from RHN? I have been trying off and on for 3 days, and have not completed a download yet. I have tried:

IE in Windows
Firefox in Windows
Wget in Windows

Firefox in Linux
Wget in Linux
Curl in Linux

In all cases, the ISO starts to download and then gets up to a couple hundred MB (at most) before stoppping progress.

In the case of Firefox, I can pause/resume and the DL will pick up again, but usually stops again after less than 100MB... and then fails completely on the 4th or 5th pause/resume.

I have opened a support ticket within my company to see if it could be being impacted by our corporate firewall/proxy, but I was able to completely DL a Centos ISO today with no issue.

Any suggestions welcome...

Thanks,

Kevin