[rhelv6-list] LDAP without the cruft

William Hopkins we.hopkins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 01:44:13 UTC 2013

On 07/18/13 at 11:26am, Ian Mortimer wrote:
> On 18/07/13 04:59, William Hopkins wrote:
>
> >Is it possible in RHEL6 to have LDAP authentication substantially similar to
> >how it was configured in RHEL5?
>
> I managed to configure auth from a very old ldap server with:
>
> authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enableldap --enableldapauth
> --disablesssd --disablesssdauth --enableforcelegacy --disableldaptls
> --ldapserver=ldap.net --ldapbasedn=dc=...

Do you have NSCLD running? I can't seem to get it running without. It seems the
new nss-pam-ldapd (replacement for nss_ldap) relies on the running daemon
rather than calling directly to the LDAP server. I've also tried installing a
copy of nss_ldap from a RHEL5 server and bizarrely it didn't work.. the
nss_ldap component does but the pam_ldap doesn't. Of course I'm sure you're
aware how hard it can be to get reasonable troubleshooting data out of pam.

--
William