[rhelv6-list] I know this is a stretch, but...

thomas at redhat.com thomas at redhat.com
Sun Jun 23 07:37:16 UTC 2013

On 06/23/2013 02:16 AM, Facundo M. de la Cruz wrote:
> Can you try with another terminal emulator like screen? In some cases I
> could'nt get any response from Minicom, but when I tried using screen I
> had this response, anyway you can play with others terminal
> configuaration (just check your vendor manual for do it). What cable are
> you using? The pinout is correct?. I'm trying to give you some tips for
> do it.
>
> Good luck and regards

Hi Facundo -

I was using the DB9F to RJ11 Modular to D-Sub Adaptor Kit at
http://www.frys.com/product/2402370, but I realized a few minutes ago
that I definitely pinned it incorrectly. Hopefully that is the issue...
Unfortunately I only bought one, and I can't see a way to pull the pins
back out, I think they only connect one time and then they're permanent.
I'll go get another one tomorrow and pin it correctly. I think the
correct pinout is at
http://goldfndr.home.mindspring.com/digitraveler.html - if anyone has
any corrections, I'd love to know.

I am also using the Link Depot USB to DB9 Serial at
http://www.frys.com/product/6819966. It shows up fine as /dev/ttyUSB0.

I think my serial communications problem is just that I pinned the DB9F
to RJ11 Modular to D-Sub Adaptor wrong.
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCX
Chief Architect, Western US

Red Hat named to Forbes 2012 World's Most Innovative Companies list:
http://www.redhat.com/innovation