[rhelv6-list] rdblacklist during install persists into installed system

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:46:55 UTC 2013

Hello,
during install of rh el 6.3 I want to blacklist my san devices.
So I use the new option in 6.x anaconda

rdblacklist=qla2xxx

that works ok.
But I see that it understands I want to blacklist it forever, also on
the installed system.
In fact the qla2xxx module is not automatically loaded, even if I have
multipathd enabled.

I can manually load the module after boot and then see my san disks
correctly assembled by multipath daemon.

It seems no particular option is in neither grub.conf or modprobe.conf
or modprobe.d directory.
Any file to modify to re-enable this automatic loading before
re-creating initramfs file (if necessary at all, as I see the qla2xxx
is indeed in initramfs file)?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca