[rhelv6-list] Sanlock disk leases on drbd/gfs2 volume

Mon Mar 11 16:07:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I have a 2 node cluster that consists of the following:

* 1 drbd/gfs2 partition that holds VM images and XML
* Sanlock configured with the disk lease directory on the same drbd/gfs
partition

Everything is working well aside from one small issue I ran into. When
testing fencing, on one particular test GFS began replaying the journal
for the remaining node, and in the middle of it rgmanager attempted to
recover the VM.  Normally this wouldn't be an issue as libvirt would
just pause until GFS was ready. However since it's talking to sanlock
first, sanlock attempted to acquire the lock while GFS was not ready,
and failed. This caused the recovery itself to fail.

I'm attempting to keep the lease directory on the shared storage so that
I do not have introduce another single point of failure in the cluster
by having an outside NFS mount. Perhaps I'm missing a setting that would
have rgmanager wait for recovery until GFS has finished replaying its
journal?

Thanks in advance for the help!