[rhelv6-list] NFS ID map?

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Tue Oct 22 19:19:49 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> said:
> Oh, I figured out my problem - this temporary/migration export is on a
> different subnet, and my fsid=0 export was was only for the new subnet.
> D'oh!  Fixed that, and NFSv4, and ID mapping (with the default config),
> are now working.  Now, on with the (migration) show!

Well, I thought ID mapping was working.  "ls" shows the right user, but
I can't actually access directories as that user on the NFS client:

$ id
uid=500(vmail) gid=500(vmail) groups=500(vmail)
$ ls -ld tmp
drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 Oct 22 14:09 tmp
$ ls -l tmp
ls: tmp: Permission denied

The vmail user/group is 1000 on the NFS server.  Why would the
translation work for stat() calls from ls, but not when I try to
actually access the files?
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>