[rhelv6-list] is anyone else having multi-arch issues with neon?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:25:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:53:50 -0500, Leinweber, James wrote:

> The RHEA-2013:1188-1 neon bug fix suddenly wants to pull in
> 32-bit versions on my 64-bit systems, which is causing
> "yum update" to fail with multilib protection problems,
> particularly:
>
>   Protected multilib versions: neon-0.29.3-3.el6_4.x86_64 !=
> neon-0.29.3-2.el6.i686

What's the full output?

3.el6_4 is a rather recent update.

> Is everyone else suffering from this too, and do we need to
> open a case with Redhat about it?

That would be justified, since such a multilib conflict means
that there's a non-arch-specific dep on neon somewhere else and that
the update is incompatible. Attempting to resolve the broken dep,
the dependency resolver finds that the previous i686 build satisfies
the dependency. Hence it tries to pull in the i686 build.