[rhelv6-list] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Release Candidate Available for Download

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Apr 23 21:35:38 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 03:15 PM, Engineering Partner Management wrote:
> As mentioned during Red Hat Summit 2014 last week[1], we are excited to
> announce that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Release Candidate (RC) is now
> publicly available for testing. A pre-release build of Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 RC offers a near-final look at Red Hat’s
> flagship operating system crafted for the open hybrid cloud, building upon the
> feedback collected during the beta program[2] for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.

I installed this and registered my system, but I cannot get access to the yum
repos:

https://cdn.redhat.com/content/rc/rhel/server/7/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 403 - Forbidden
Trying other mirror.

  One of the configured repositories failed (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server
Release Candidate (RPMs)),
  and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
  safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

      1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

      2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
         upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
         distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
         packages for the previous distribution release still work).

      3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then
         just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use
         --enablerepo for temporary usage:

             yum-config-manager --disable rhel-7-rc-rpms

      4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
         Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
         so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
         slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
         compromise:

             yum-config-manager --save
--setopt=rhel-7-rc-rpms.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rhel-7-rc-rpms: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/rc/rhel/server/7/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 403 - Forbidden

# subscription-manager list
     Installed Product Status
Product Name:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Product ID:     69
Version:        7.0
Arch:           x86_64
Status Details: