[rhelv6-list] Kickstart for RHEL7 full install

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Feb 13 09:37:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Romu <huruomu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I didn't find any mailing list for RHEL7.

The Customer Access Portal is being utilized for collaboration on the
RHEL 7 Beta.

If you don't have an account, you can create one (before adding
entitlements), or create one as part of an evaluation request (which
will include entitlements). [1]  Much of the portal does not require a
login, or even entitlements.  Other portions of the Red Hat
collaboration ecosystem, such as Bugzilla, continue to be available
with a separate login.

FYI, there was a discussion on the rhel6-beta-list several weeks ago,
starting  with one post trying to subscript [1a] to the last one made
[1z] (by myself no less).  In-a-nutshell, people can collaborate where
ever they want -- even on this list.  There was even a suggestion to
create a general discussion list for all RHEL releases, all RHEL
Betas, etc...

But engineering, Specialty Based Routing (SBR), etc... is most
efficient via Bugzilla, the Customer Access Portal, etc... and other
avenues Red Hat SMEs frequent.  I.e., it's getting to the point
there's a lot with the RHEL platform ... I think up to 50 add-ons now?
 There is also the public Anaconda Development list too [4], where you
could make a maintainer aware.

> Has anyone succeeded in RHEL7 kickstart installation with all packages
> selected?  I use this for RHEL6 x86_64:
> %packages
> *
> *.i686
> - at Conflicts (Server)
> %end
> I tried the same for RHEL7, turns out RHEL7 doesn't recognize "- at Conflicts
> (Server)", if I remove the line from kickstart, the installation program
> will report many file conflicts and installation can't proceed.
> Any idea?

It's still documented as a _valid_ option in the RHEL7 Beta
Installation Guide, Section 16.5 [3], no less.  Sounds like either a
documentation bug, or an Anaconda bug.

Off-to-Bugzilla ... my search came up empty [5].

I'd file either a documentation or RHEL7 component "Anaconda" bug.

-- bjs