[rhelv6-list] Mongodb clients package missing/not appearing

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:23:56 UTC 2014

Packages installed:

libmongodb-2.4.6-1.el6.x86_64
mongodb-server-2.4.6-1.el6.x86_64

I've installed mongodb for a user, and I'm trying to
set up the admin user.  I need the client, and no
such thing is appearing.  I've included the Server
Optional channel.

# yum search mongo
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
===================================================== N/S Matched: mongo
python-mongoengine.noarch : A Python Document-Object Mapper for working
with MongoDB
php-pecl-mongo.x86_64 : PHP MongoDB database driver
pymongo.x86_64 : Python driver for MongoDB
python-asyncmongo.noarch : An asynchronous Python MongoDB library
python-flask-mongoengine.noarch : Flask extension that provides integration
with MongoEngine
hunspell-mn.noarch : Mongolian hunspell dictionaries
libmongodb.x86_64 : MongoDB shared libraries
libmongodb-devel.i686 : MongoDB header files
libmongodb-devel.x86_64 : MongoDB header files
mongodb-server.x86_64 : MongoDB server, sharding server and support scripts
mongoose-devel.i686 : Header files and development libraries for mongoose
mongoose-devel.x86_64 : Header files and development libraries for mongoose
mongoose-lib.i686 : Shared Object for applications that use mongoose
embedded
mongoose-lib.x86_64 : Shared Object for applications that use mongoose
embedded
nodejs-mongodb.noarch : A node driver for MongoDB
php-Monolog-mongo.noarch : Monolog MongoDB handler
php-horde-Horde-Mongo.noarch : Horde Mongo Configuration
pymongo-gridfs.x86_64 : Python GridFS driver for MongoDB
python-pymongo.x86_64 : Python driver for MongoDB
python-pymongo-gridfs.x86_64 : Python GridFS driver for MongoDB
autocorr-mn.noarch : Mongolian autocorrection rules
eclipse-nls-mn.x86_64 : Eclipse/Babel language pack for Mongolian
hyphen-mn.noarch : Mongolian hyphenation rules
mongodb.x86_64 : High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
mongoose.x86_64 : An easy-to-use self-sufficient web server

Was this forgotten or is there some hidden place where it will turn up?

Any pointers other than to install the source packages for this DB
server under /usr/local ?