[rhelv6-list] Kickstarting RHEL7 (solved)

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 11:06:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Ben wrote:

> [RHEL7 manual kickstart woes]

It looks like I've found the solution in the shape of adding the following
to my syslinux.cfg "append" line:

  inst.repo=http://<server/your install tree>      (which is now working)

"This option will allow you to load the installer and specify the
installation source at the same time."  Which is nice.

or instead

  root=dracut      (and specifying the location of the initrd.img)

"If you use this option, you must specify the location of the initrd.img
file extracted from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 bootable media. Using this
option will allow you to boot the installer, but you will need to specify an
installation source in another way (using a Kickstart file or manually in
the graphical installer interface)."

I haven't tried the latter, yet.

Quotes taken from
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/pdf/Installation_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-7-Installation_Guide-en-US.pdf
(page 296, as labeled)

Sorry for the spam.  I wish there was a RHEL7 mailing list.

Ben