[rhelv6-list] glibc-2.17-55.el7_0.1 (latest RHEL-7 update) is not available

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:30:38 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this list is for RHEL-6 but I'm posting an issue on RHEL-7
> hoping some RedHatter is reading the post.
>
> FYI, I have opened a support case (#01182854) but the responder did
> not 'get the message'. I also started a thread on the community
> discussion page. No response there. This is why I came to the mailing
> list. (end of preamble)

Since the release of RHEL7 I have seen this happen multiple times on
the Workstation product. I have opened two tickets with Red Hat
support, called and reported it to customer service, reported it on
IRC in #rhel multiple times, and there is a thread on the forums about
why Red Hat doesn't seem to be able to monitor the CDN for these
failures without us notifying them about the missing updates every
time something goes wrong.

> An important security update to glibc was announced on Aug 29, 2014:
>
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-1110.html
> Advisory: RHSA-2014:1110-1
>
> However, as of Aug 31, the version for RHEL-7 (glibc-2.17-55.el7_0.1)
> is still not available.

I'll bet if you clean out your metadata and download fresh metadata
from the CDN you'll see that the channels affected by this errata are
still giving you metadata generated prior to Aug 29.

I also have a satellite server and it has reliably received all RHEL7
updates so this does seem to only be a problem with the CDN.

John