[rhelv6-list] glibc-2.17-55.el7_0.1 (latest RHEL-7 update) is not available

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 15:17:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 6:30 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know this list is for RHEL-6 but I'm posting an issue on RHEL-7
>> hoping some RedHatter is reading the post.
>>
>> FYI, I have opened a support case (#01182854) but the responder did
>> not 'get the message'. I also started a thread on the community
>> discussion page. No response there. This is why I came to the mailing
>> list. (end of preamble)
>
> Since the release of RHEL7 I have seen this happen multiple times on
> the Workstation product. I have opened two tickets with Red Hat
> support, called and reported it to customer service, reported it on
> IRC in #rhel multiple times, and there is a thread on the forums about
> why Red Hat doesn't seem to be able to monitor the CDN for these
> failures without us notifying them about the missing updates every
> time something goes wrong.

Thank you for the note. I see the discussion thread:

https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1134643
"Does Red Hat bother to monitor its CDN for erratum delivery? Answer: no"

Actually, the problem I wanted to talk about is not just the
unavailability of a security package but more about the lack of a way
to communicate with Red Hat. The US is in a 3-day weekend and it seems
like no one is monitoring anything. The person who replied in the
support case I opened was "clueless".

By the way, I remember an argument against creating a mailing list for
RHEL-7. I feel the mailing list is quite useful and, like in this
case, it did provide useful info that I could not get through the
support venue(s).

Akemi