[rhelv6-list] RHEL6.6 dm-cache and dm-era

Romu Hu huruomu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:33:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

According to
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html-single/6.6_Release_Notes/index.html#bh-storage,
dm-cache and dm-era have been added into RHEL6.6 as technology preview,
but I couldn't find any other documentation about using dm-cache and
dm-era.  I found the following utilities in

/usr/sbin/era_check
/usr/sbin/era_dump
/usr/sbin/era_invalidate

/usr/sbin/cache_check
/usr/sbin/cache_dump
/usr/sbin/cache_repair
/usr/sbin/cache_restore

I guess these utilities are related to dm-era and dm-cache,
respectively.  There are only manpages for the cache utilities. After
reading the manpages I still have no clue how to use these
technologies.  I want to do a sanity check of these technologies on my
SAN storage.

Any idea?

Thanks
Romu