[rhelv6-list] Subscription Manager functionality

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:15:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015, John Haxby wrote:

> I'm active on half a dozen lists and lurk on many more than that.  Even if
> I did nothing else, including sleeping, I could not possibly follow that
> many forums.  Even if I dropped the lists I only lurk on I'd still spend
> all my waking hours going through forums.
>
> I wouldn't mind a forum if it was also a mailing list.  I know these
> things exist, why can't the Red Hat forum also be a mailing list and then
> we could all choose?

Being in exactly the same situation I'd like to add my full support to this
idea.  Having to click through many different sites/pages to see all of the
discussions going on, and not necessarily knowing whether what I'm going to
be be reading is totally relevant until I've loaded the page wastes, over
the hours, a considerable amount of time.  Mailing lists, and emails in my
inbox (I use a text-based mail client, not web), are much, _much_ faster to
work through.

Ben
--
Unix Support, UIS, University of Cambridge, England