[rhelv6-list] Random seed on stateless system

Andrew Ruch adruch2002 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:26:29 UTC 2015

Thank you for the response.

It's a read-only /var as far as the hard drive is concerned. It works
by having a few files and directories bind mounted in memory using
/etc/sysconfig/readonly-root and /etc/rwtab. I already have a
stateless system up and working.

My concern was using the same random-seed for every boot. By using the
same random-seed, does this cause /dev/urandom to produce the same
sequence of random numbers, thus weakening the security posture? Is it
better to use the same random-seed or no random-seed at all?

Andrew