[rhelv6-list] no repositories available ?

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Wed Feb 4 11:35:53 UTC 2015

Hello

I have one RHEL 6.5 server which I wish to install yum-cron on. When I try
to add the extra optional repo, I get this message:

# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-6-server-optional-rpms
Error: rhel-6-server-optional-rpms is not a valid repo ID. Use --list
option to see valid repos.

# subscription-manager repos --list
This system has no repositories available through subscriptions.

My /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo is overwritten by rhsm and is empty.

The system is showing as having a valid subscription attached when I view
it at access.redhat.com.  I've tried unregistering it, and re-registering
it, and attaching the subscription again, but I get the same message. How
do I fix the repo problem?

Paul