[rhelv6-list] Installing MySQLdb for python2.7 in RHEL 6

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Feb 23 19:01:12 UTC 2016

Larry Martell wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the help. I finally got this going.

Going is one thing.
Working 1 year from now with security updates, is another.

Just trying to point out what Red Hat offers.
Otherwise, why run RHEL6?

Just use any, Upstream distribution instead.

> As for your questions, this is a new client I just started working for
> the other day. Some key people have quit and no one really knows
> anything about their environment. There is no sys admin (and I am
> developer and don't want to be a sysadmin).
> I was asked to come in and build a django app, so that I what I am
> working on. It's not in the scope of my job to redo their entire set
> up. All I can recommend is that they hire an experienced admin to do
> that.

Agreed.

Until then, be aware of Red Hat Software Collections.  It was designed
by developers, to make it easier for sysadmins to ensure software
compliance and so security updates don't break things.

-- bjs