[rhelv6-list] Limiting pvmove speed with control groups doesn't work as expected

Brian Long (brilong) brilong at cisco.com
Tue Jul 26 17:08:42 UTC 2016

Gianluca,

This is an interesting thread and I’m glad you found a solution.  I wonder if newer RHEL 6 kernels or if the RHEL 7 kernel provides the needed mechanism to tie pvmove to the kernel thread kcopyd such that your first technique would work without manually finding the kcopyd PID each time you call pvmove.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       Research Triangle Park, NC         . | | | . | | | .