Re: [rhelv6-list] fsck -n always showing errors

fsck -n is used to verify only.

The touch on /forcefsck will force a regular fsck on unmounted
partitions on boot up.

So what I've done is:

fsck -n
touch /forcefsck
reboot

times three.

It should be actually fixing the problems on reboot.

I can find there are at least some fsck errors on every Redhat 6 machine,
whether virtual or physical.  I mean I've tested the fsck -n status on about
twelve systems which have some errors.  Only 2 showed a history
of SCSI errors, both happening to be VMware.

Maybe some other people can test this on their Redhat 6 systems
and see if fsck -n /var or similar comes back clean.  You might
be surprised to see the same state I've noticed.  There is
no issue like read-only file system.   Everything is functional.