[rhelv6-list] fsck -n always showing errors

Cale Fairchild cfairchild at brocku.ca
Thu Dec 21 13:09:03 UTC 2017

Have you checked the filesystem from a rescue disk or does the fsck on reboot report that it is fixing errors each time? As far as I understand running `fsck -n /` on the active root filesystem will most always return some errors as the blocks in the filesystem are changing while the fsck is running it’s passes. Thus the warning at the beginning of the process about the filesystem being mounted. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your process, but if you have not tried checking the filesystem after booting into rescue mode that would be a good step.