Re: [rhelv6-list] fsck -n always showing errors

In regard to: rhelv6-list Digest, Vol 76, Issue 1, rhelv6-list-request redh   :

This isn't something we routinely look at, but after
a couple of VMware systems showing scsi errors, I noticed almost
every Redhat 6 system will show some disk errors from
something like fsck -n / or same on /var

# fsck -n /
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
e2fsck 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
Warning!  /dev/sda1 is mounted.

There's your problem.  Don't run fsck on a mounted filesystem.  Even
with -n, it just shows you false positives.

Do some web searching for

	fsck on a mounted filesystem

to understand why.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             Tim Mooney ndsu edu
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)