Re: [rhelv6-list] fsck -n always showing errors

From ‘man fsck’:

       -N     Don't execute, just show what would be done.

and:

       Options  to  different  filesystem-specific  fsck's  are not standardized.  If in doubt, please consult the man

       pages of the filesystem-specific checker.  Although not guaranteed, the following options are supported by most

       file system checkers:

       -n     For some filesystem-specific checkers, the -n option will cause the fs-specific fsck to avoid attempting

              to repair any problems, but simply report such problems to stdout.  This is however  not  true  for  all

              filesystem-specific  checkers.   In particular, fsck.reiserfs(8) will not report any corruption if given

              this option.  fsck.minix(8) does not support the -n option at all.

From ‘man e2fsck’:

       -n     Open  the filesystem read-only, and assume an answer of 'no' to all questions.  Allows e2fsck to be used

              non-interactively.  This option may not be specified at the same time as the -p or -y options.

Kevin