[rhelv6-list] Installing R 3.4.0

Brian Long (brilong) brilong at cisco.com
Fri Jul 21 17:08:27 UTC 2017

See inline.

On 7/21/17, 11:04 AM, "rhelv6-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Larry Martell" <rhelv6-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of larry.martell at gmail.com> wrote:

    I am trying to install R 3.4.0 on RHEL6. If I look here is it there:

    http://mirror.sjc02.svwh.net/fedora-epel/6/x86_64/

    I did this:

    sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-6-server-optional-rpms
    sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-6-server-extras-rpms
    wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm
    rpm epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm

Did you actually run “rpm –Uvh epel-release-latest-6.noarch.rpm” to install the RPM? Once you verify epel-release is installed (rpm –q epel-release), run this command:

# yum --enablerepo=epel list R

and verify R is listed.  If so, you can proceed to run the following command:

# yum --enablerepo=epel install R

By the way, on my RHEL 7 host with EPEL, I see various R-related packages are also available.  They might be helpful with your efforts.

R.x86_64
R-RInside.x86_64
R-RInside-devel.x86_64
R-RInside-examples.x86_64
R-RUnit.noarch
R-Rcpp.x86_64
R-Rcpp-devel.x86_64
R-Rcpp-examples.x86_64
R-core.x86_64
R-core-devel.x86_64
R-devel.x86_64
R-highlight.x86_64
R-inline.noarch
R-java.x86_64
R-java-devel.x86_64
R-littler.x86_64
R-littler-examples.x86_64
R-qtl.x86_64
R-rlecuyer.x86_64

I got this list by running the following command:
# yum --enablerepo=epel list R-\*

/Brian/