[rhelv6-list] question about Firefox 32- vs. 64-bit RPMs in rhel-6-server-rpms and rhel-6-server-optional-rpms repos

Cale Fairchild cfairchild at brocku.ca
Thu Nov 8 15:54:49 UTC 2018

It certainly seems that RedHat has moved the Firefox 32-bit client updates from the server repository to the optional as any server I have which is not subscribed to rhel-6-server-optional-rpms will also find the old firefox-31.1.0-5.el6_5.i686 package. I also recall noticing that one of my servers wanted to switch over to the i686 version on an upgrade but I can not recall what I did to fix it, and that same server performed the upgrade to 6.10 without that being an issue. Perhaps a 'yum clear all' would help as that is the only thing I can think that I would have done to resolve it?

Regards,
Cale Fairchild