[rhelv6-list] EPEL History

thomas at redhat.com thomas at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 15:16:56 UTC 2018

On 11/8/18 9:04 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Usually it comes from rebuilding a system. If your kickstart needed
> xyz-foo and it is no longer in EPEL but you only find out at 2am when
> you rebuilt because the raid array died.. you end up in a bad spot.

Ah, great point. I would still recommend you keep your systems up to
date instead of using outdated packages, but I now understand the
scenario better.

--
Thomas Cameron, RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCX
Senior Principal Cloud Evangelist, Red Hat

"It's too big a world to be in competition with everybody. The only guy
I have to get better than is who I am right now." -- Colonel Potter, M*A*S*H