[rhelv6-list] packaging something with multiple SCL dependencies

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Jan 2 22:26:55 UTC 2020

Any Software Collections Libraries (SCL) experts on the list?

I've successfully modified many local RPM packages to optionally build
with support for a single SCL package, for example something that requires
Apache httpd that can optionally be built with support for httpd24-httpd
from SCL.  Doing that is relatively well documented.

I'm struggling with how to handle building a package with dependencies
on multiple SCL packages, though, while keeping those package-time options.
For example, a package that needs both PHP and MySQL/MariaDB.  If I want
to support optionally building with both PHP and MariaDB from SCL, how is
that best accomplished?

Anyone have any examples or thoughts on how best to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)